About ELAS – Social Investment Fund
We are a social investment fund directed exclusively at the promotion of women’s protagonism. We believe that investing in them is the fastest way toward a country’s development. When investing in women, the lives of their children and the people around them are transformed, generating direct results in communities, cities, states and, finally, in the whole of Brazil.
As the United Nations (UN) and other important organizations have stated, women are the main players in society’s transformation. Therefore, all investments made towards women’s protagonism result in significant social change in the communities they belong to.
ELAS – Social Investment Fund, previously named Angela Borba, grew, evolved and expanded its programs and acting areas after various years of experience. Hence, we chose a new name to represent this moment. The change symbolizes the expansion of the tribute, formerly restricted to one person only, to all Brazilian women.
We are the only Brazilian social investment fund which focuses exclusively on women and girls. We invest in them, through calls for proposals and capacity building and, thus, help them in their empowerment and in the implementation of their own plans.
We invest in projects that focus on the following themes:
- Promotion of economic independence
- Expanding access to education
- Prevention of violence against women and girls
- Defense of human rights
- Actions related to girls and young women’s health
- Inclusion of information technologies and communication
- Appreciation of art and culture
- Preservation of the environment and biodiversity
- Respect for diversity (ethnic, racial, sexual and others)
- Activities encouraging sports