Call for Professionals - Program Assistant
ELAS+ Giving for change is a non-profit civil society organization that aims to promote action and creative solutions by cis and trans women and other trans-identities for social change, gender equity, peace and justice to advance women's rights, and consequently, the rights of all people in Brazil.
ELAS+ is an independent and autonomous entity whose operations consist of fundraising and grantmaking. Our mission is to promote and strengthen the Leadership of women, trans and non-binary people by mobilizing and investing resources in their initiatives. Our practice is guided by values such as passion for women's causes, respect for singularity, subjectivity and multiplicity, bonds of trust, citizen giving and transparency.
Based in Rio de Janeiro and with over 21 years of experience, ELAS+ mobilizes resources from a variety of sources, in Brazil and abroad. Through calls for proposals, we provide financial and technical support to organizations and informal groups led by women, trans and non-binary people throughout Brazil.
We invest in projects focused on the following thematic areas or programs:
- Preventing violence against women, trans and non-binary people;
- Promoting economic empowerment, entrepreneurship and the end of poverty for women, trans and non-binary people;
- Expanding access to women's sexual and reproductive health and rights;
- Expanding access to culture, communication, art and sports;
- Promoting ethnic and racial equity;
- Promoting a fair and sustainable environment.
Vacancy: Program Assistant
- Assisting the organization in the process of launching calls for proposals, receiving applications and selection;
- Advising the groups and organizations supported, through contacts via emails, calls, messaging apps, online meetings and/or technical visits;
- Monitoring ELAS+'s support programs and initiatives using indicators and metrics;
- Producing reports and other technical documents (e.g. minutes, calls for proposals, letters of invitation, forms, schedules, data sheets);
- Help organize dialogues, meetings and gatherings with the groups and organizations supported by ELAS+;
- Relations with funders on programs and projects supported;
- Analyze and produce qualitative and quantitative data;
- Development of teaching materials;
- Facilitation of workshops and meetings with grantees;
- Commitment to the mission of ELAS+ Giving for change and to the duties of the position;
- Reporting directly to Program Management
- Higher education in social sciences or related areas;
- Writing skills and good verbal fluency
- Professional experience in related areas;
- Experience in preparing reports, technical documents and systematizing data;
- Experience in advising and monitoring projects;
- Experience in accompanying groups;
- Willingness to travel
- Oral and written English;
- Experience and/or knowledge of gender and race issues;
- Ability to relate to the public;
- Ability to live with diversity;
- Sense of justice;
- Relationship and teamwork skills
Registration: Interested persons must register by 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2023, through the link https://pt.surveymonkey.com/r/vaga-assisistente-elas.
Stages of the selection process:
- Analysis of the curriculum;
- Up to 3 (three) online interviews with Operations, Area Manager and Management.
- Form of employment: CLT;
- Number of vacancies: 1;
- Contract start date: October 2023;
- Work method: face-to-face;
- Starting salary: R$6,420.00 Gross (R$7,000.00 after probation period) + benefits (VR and VT)
There is the possibility of travel to events and meetings.
We encourage applications from black women, LBT (Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans and/or non-binary women and men), indigenous people and people with disabilities.